Admin Department Team Member Muhammadi Madrasah
The Muhammadi Madrasah is seeking volunteers to grow the Admin Department. We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and flexible people who will be responsible for various tasks that support the smooth running of the organization.
Tasks include taking parent enquiries, coordinating the student application process, supporting preparation of classroom resources and other adhoc duties.
Experience in basic computer skills is preferred but not essential.
Training will be given.
○ The Madrasah looks after about 320 male and female students of the age of approximately 41⁄2 to 16 ages. Students are split into year groups and are typically split by gender through their time in Madrasah.
○ We have over 70 teachers and assistants, as well as a team of about 10 management staff; looking after the different departments: Primary, Secondary and GLC.
○ In order to assist the smooth running of the Madrasah, the Administration assists each of those departments with background resources and support.
○ Key activities include:
a. Student applications, registration and monitoring assistance
b. Staff applications, DBS checking and records management
c. Photocopying, booking of rooms and resources
d. Dealing with queries of parents, writing letters and updating the website
e. Preparation of yearplanners, printing of books and collating/posting reports.
○ We are looking for committed volunteers who can attend Madrasah on Sundays from 09.30 14.00 during term-time. We would also expect attendance at occasional meetings during the week or during holidays.
○ Ideal candidates will have:
a. Computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office / Google Drive
b. Ability to be flexible and work independently within the policies / guidance provided
c. Good communication skills: English essential, but additional community languages (Gujurati, Kutchi, Urdu, Swahili) would be very helpful
d. Ability to work as part of a team, including with people of various backgrounds / ages
e. Commitment to deliver on a consistent basis to a high standard.
○ Volunteers who have firstaid experience / qualifications (or a willingness to be trained) would be very welcomed.
○ The role would report to Zohra Khimji (Head of Admin) but involves interaction with student, teachers and management.
○ For further information or to find out how you might be able to support the Madrasah Administration Team either on a Sunday or mid-week from home, please contact Zohra Khimji.