إِنَّ هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنَ يَهْدِي لِلَّتِي هِيَ أَقْوَمُ وَيُبَشِّرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ الَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ الصَّالِحَاتِ أَنَّ لَهُمْ أَجْرًا كَبِيرًا
Surely this Quran guides to that which is most upright and gives good news to the believers who do good that they shall have a great reward. (17:9)
Registration now closed
Dear brothers and sisters,
In 2018, KSIMC of Birmingham held the first Lady Fizza Annual Quran Competition. This event has been inspired from Africa Federation and received a positive response from national and international communities. Building upon the success of this initiative and to encourage more individuals to take part, we are extending invitations to all Jamaats under CoEJ to join us for the next competition.
The competition will take place in Birmingham from 14th to 16th June 2019 and will provide an opportunity for a range of individuals to participate.
We are aiming to launch this event on Milad-un-Nabi (25th November 2018), with the registration closing date on 25th December 2018.
The age and recitation categories for the competition are as follows:
- 5-7 (Hifz and/or Tafsir)
- 8-11 (Hifz and/or Tafsir and/or Open Recitation)
- 12-15 (Hifz and/or Tafsir and/or Open Recitation)
- 16+ (Hifz and/or Tafsir and/or Open Recitation)
Descriptions of recitation categories
- Hifz: Participants will be given chapters to memorise and will be asked a selection on the day.
- Tafsir: Participants will be given 10-15 verses months in advance and will be asked about the tafseer/details for 2 of these verses.
- Open recitation: Under 16's will be given chapters to prepare and over 16's anywhere in the Quran
Participants can choose to participate in any of the recitation categories according to their age group. E.g. You can participate in all 3: Hifz, Tafsir and Open Recitation or if you prefer to, you can participate in 1 of the recitation categories.
We look forward to your participation.